: : Tom Fury
Den enda dokumentationen över Tommies liv

I Am Legend (2007)

Category: By Tom Fury
Okay, so this movie had a lot of hype and naturally I gave into that and finally watched it. Kinda disappointed, but it was kinda good too.

I think you all know what the movie is about. Will Smith plays the role as Robert Neville, almost the only survivor in New York (accompanied by his trustful dog Sam) after a cure for cancer went amok and killed everyone ever tried that virus for cure.

So now there are a bunch of zombie-like creatures roaming the street looking for some fresh meat (a.k.a Robert) to feed upon. The movie centers around Roberts struggle for survival and his search to find other survivors (haven't we seen this before somewhere?) - and finally finding a cure for the zombie-disease

Anyway, I won't babble too much about the story. It's kinda straight-forward. The thing that struck me was that the movie itself is kinda boring. There are some fancy action scenes where Robert is hunted by these zombie creatures, but they're not as near as intense as the hunts in e.g. 28 days later or 28 weeks later.

In the end I enjoyed the movie, but I think they could've done it a hell of a lot more interesting. It was not a waste of time, but it was not as scary as I had thought. Since I was expecting a horror movie I got a bit disappointed on that part - but if you're watching this and expecting an action movie, you'll get plenty.

Note though that there are two endings to this movie. I don't want to spoil either of them for you, but if you're going to watch this movie make sure you see both of them. They're both worth watching.

Give it a shot, just don't expect to be scared.

0 comments so far.

Something to say?