: : Tom Fury
Den enda dokumentationen över Tommies liv

I did it! WCF Conquered

Category: By Tom Fury
Found this excellent example on how to implement a simple web service (explained step by step on this blog). It helped me a lot to understand how I am supposed to do. And, amazingly, I got it working! I’m so overfilled with joy right now I don’t know what to do. I’ve spent almost all day figuring out how to use WCF and configuring IIS to get around all possible types of error messages – and finally, it worked.

Now, there are obviously more things to do. First of all I need a client which sends the code metrics data to the web service (I did implement a simple client, but Magnus is taking a deeper look into making a client via a package for VS 2008). Secondly, the web service needs a method that receives these code metric data and finally forwards them into the Data Tier on TFS. I know how to construct a method that receives the data. Now I need to concentrate on two primary things regarding the web service:

  • How does TFS register that my web service exists? (I think I’ve read about that somewhere but forgot it by now… typical!)
  • How does the web service push the data into our operational store?
  • Furthermore, after these two things have been dealt with, I need to find out:
  • Where and how do we implement the operational store? (Yeah I know, in the SQL server in TFS – but I need more details! Preferably a guide or walkthrough)
  • …and then all the things concerning the adapter, the XML schema and those things in that area.
TODO-list:
  • Learn WCF
  • Build a web service
  • Make XML schema for the adapter
  • Create Adapter
  • Create operational store
  • Write some parts of the master thesis (theoretical)

1 comment so far.

  1. Johan 11 oktober, 2007 15:48
    Insjööring

Something to say?